[gst-devel] What happens to a bus, when a bin is inserted into another bin?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:09:14 CEST 2010

I am working on playing an audio stream from a separate file.

My approach is to construct an instance of the playbin2, listen to the
messages on its bus, analyze them and their sources, and decide if both
audio and video streams are present.

Then, if the audio stream is in the separate file, construct missing parts
of the playbin2 - one more uridecodebin, playsink and connecting elements
(audiotee, inputselector, etc) - and add them to the playbin2 instance.

So, the question is.
The uridecodebin and the playsink are bins, therefore, they have their own
buses.
What should I do with these buses?

Next stage will be clock, I'll deal with it later.