[gst-devel] unrank a plugin?

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 6 17:48:09 CEST 2010

Hi,
when I create a pipeline to read a video, I use decodebin element. But I have seen that for a specific type of file (using -v flag in command line), it uses a plugin that causes errors in my application. Is it possible to tell gstreamer not to use a specific decoder ? If yes, how can this be done?
Basically, I have
gst-launch filesrc location=myvideo ! decodebin ! ... ! directdrawsink -v
->uses mpegtsdemux ! mpegvideoparse ! ffdec_mpegvideo , but this reads erroneous data (framerate for ex is not the one embedded in file)
If I create following pipeline:
gst-launch filesrc location=myvideo ! mpegtsdemux ! ffdec_mpegvideo ! ... ! directdrawsink -v, then this is OK
Is it possible to tell gstreamer to avoid using mpegvideoparse plugin with decodebin ?

Regards,
Al