[gst-devel] unrank a plugin?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 22:48:49 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 15:48 +0000, Albert Costa wrote:

Hi,

> when I create a pipeline to read a video, I use decodebin element. But
> I have seen that for a specific type of file (using -v flag in command
> line), it uses a plugin that causes errors in my application. Is it
> possible to tell gstreamer not to use a specific decoder ? If yes, how
> can this be done?
> Basically, I have
> gst-launch filesrc location=myvideo ! decodebin ! ... ! directdrawsink
> -v
> ->uses mpegtsdemux ! mpegvideoparse ! ffdec_mpegvideo , but this reads
> erroneous data (framerate for ex is not the one embedded in file)
> If I create following pipeline:
> gst-launch filesrc location=myvideo ! mpegtsdemux !
> ffdec_mpegvideo ! ... ! directdrawsink -v, then this is OK
> Is it possible to tell gstreamer to avoid using mpegvideoparse plugin
> with decodebin ?

It sounds like there's a serious bug somewhere that we should fix, have
you filed a bug in bugzilla yet?

Something like this may do the trick:

feature = gst_default_registry_find_feature ("mpegvideoparse",
    GST_TYPE_ELEMENT_FACTORY);

gst_plugin_feature_set_rank (feature, GST_RANK_NONE);

but generally it's not a good idea to mess with the ranks like that.

 Cheers
  -Tim