[gst-devel] GStreamer xvimagesink with QGraphicsWidget

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Thu Apr 8 08:47:12 CEST 2010

Great thanks Stefan.
It is really helpful.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Kost [mailto:ensonic at hora-obscura.de]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 5:53 PM
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Cc: Zhao, Halley
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] GStreamer xvimagesink with QGraphicsWidget

Am 02.04.2010 11:31, schrieb Zhao, Halley:

> On Linux/X based platform, GStreamer xvimagesink works well with QWidget
> since QWidget's winId() could connect to xvimagesink
>

> In order to get rich user experience, I try to use QGraphics*.
>
> QGraphicsWidget doesn't associate with xid, I tried to add QWidget to
> QGraphicsProxyWidget. Then it could be used in QGraphicsScene.
>
> There is no video at all, though audio playback well at the same time,
> and log from xvimagesink also looks well since _/put/_frame() is called
> timely.

At first there are two basic qt example now in
gst-plugins-base/tests/examples/overlay. QGraphicsView did indeed not cooperate
well with overlays. To remedy currect gst-plugins-base git version extended the
xoverlay interface to allow specifying a render_rectangle. There is also an
example for that gst-plugins-base/tests/icles/test-xoverlay.c

> Is there anyone else try it before?
>
> *ZHAO, Halley (Aihua)*

I recommend you to subscribe to gstreamer-cvs mailing list too:
gstreamer-cvs at lists.sourceforge.net

Despite the name, it shows all commits. Quite useful to stay up to date.

Greetings,
Stefan