[gst-devel] What happens after XvShmPutImage in xvimagesink? ==> GStreamer xvimagesink with QGraphicsWidget

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Tue Apr 27 04:58:58 CEST 2010

I often heard X overlay, and regard that xvimagesink goes through X overlay to be accelerated.
But now, I get confused when XvShmPutImage will show nothing in QGraphicsView.
If it goes through overlay, then what else could prevent the video showing on screen?
And what details happen after XvShmPutImage in xvimagesink?

Stefan and Kiagiadakis had told me something about it before, and I had turn to use shader for video rendering in QGraphicsView,
However I'm still curious about the above question. Maybe Qt has done something magic to ignore the XvShmPutImage?

BR