[gst-devel] How to build gstreamer pipeline with VAAPI hardware acceleration?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:13:05 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:01 +0800, Mr. Tingustar wrote:
> I rebuilt ffmpeg package with
>     --enable-hwaccel=h263_vaapi \\\
>     --enable-hwaccel=h264_vaapi \\\
>     --enable-hwaccel=mpeg2_vaapi \\\
>     --enable-hwaccel=mpeg4_vaapi \\\
>     --enable-hwaccel=vc1_vaapi \\\
>     --enable-hwaccel=wmv3_vaapi
> Gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-ugly and gstreamer-ffmeg work fine. But I
> don't know how to build the gstreamer pipeline that can enable ffmpeg
> hwaccel decoding (VAAPI based). Can anyone share some guide, or
> gstreamer is not ready for VAAPI hwaccel?

  We explicitely disable support of hardware-accelerated codecs from
ffmpeg in gst-ffmpeg. There isn't a unified way to forward the
va-api/vdpau/hw specific information between ffmpeg and gstreamer.

  In order to have proper VAAPI acceleration support in GSTreamer, we
would need some gst-specific plugins.

    Edward