[gst-devel] How to build gstreamer pipeline with VAAPI hardware acceleration?

Mr. Tingustar tingustar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:38:08 CEST 2010

>From what file hardware-accelerated is explicitely disable? Is it
ext/ffmpeg/gstffmpegdec.c?
There are 3 pixel formats are added in ffmpeg: PIX_FMT_VAAPI_MOCO,
PIX_FMT_VAAPI_IDCT and PIX_FMT_VAAPI_VLD. It seems all decoding part
is done in ffmpeg so I think gstreamer (gst-ffmpg) only needs to
detect if gfx driver supports VAAPI and in the end, pass the VAAPI
surface id instead of buffer to xv sink.
Does gstreamer have a plan to add some gst-specific plugins to enable hwaccel?

-Bin