[gst-devel] gstreamer ossbuild BETA2 misssing pieces

Kulecz, Walter (JSC-SK)[WYLE INTEG. SCI. & ENG.] walter.kulecz-1 at nasa.gov
Thu Apr 8 23:27:54 CEST 2010

I'm trying again to setup gstreamer-0.10 ossbuild, this time on my XP notebook,  as I scrounged up a old Hauppauge WinTV USB I can use to test with as I believe it works OK on XP (I know it worked well on W2K).

Dowloads from: http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/downloads/list
It would be nice to see something about them not working with Windows 2000 on this page.

1) Extracted the  msys_v11.7z to c:\msys.  I wish all installs worked like this!

2) installed: x86-OSSBuild-GStreamer-Complete-BETA2-GPL.msi
After this completed, ran msys.bat and gave the command:
     gst-launch videotestsrc ! dshowvideosink
and was pleased to see it worked as expected.  Progress.

3) installed:  x86-OSSBuild-GStreamer-SDK-BETA2-GPL.msi
and after restarting the msys terminal was distressed to find:
   pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10
didn't work.    PKG_CONFIG_PATH was not set, and I can't find the *.pc files
in the gstreamer sdk tree to set it to :(

How to proceed to compile the HelloGstreamer.c sample program?