[gst-devel] gstreamer ossbuild BETA2 misssing pieces

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 01:45:10 CEST 2010

2010/4/8 Kulecz, Walter (JSC-SK)[WYLE INTEG. SCI. & ENG.]
<walter.kulecz-1 at nasa.gov>:
> I'm trying again to setup gstreamer-0.10 ossbuild, this time on my XP notebook,  as I scrounged up a old Hauppauge WinTV USB I can use to test with as I believe it works OK on XP (I know it worked well on W2K).
>

> Dowloads from: http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/downloads/list
> It would be nice to see something about them not working with Windows 2000 on this page.
I'll update it as soon as possible.

> 1) Extracted the  msys_v11.7z to c:\msys.  I wish all installs worked like this!
>
> 2) installed: x86-OSSBuild-GStreamer-Complete-BETA2-GPL.msi
> After this completed, ran msys.bat and gave the command:
>     gst-launch videotestsrc ! dshowvideosink
> and was pleased to see it worked as expected.  Progress.
>
> 3) installed:  x86-OSSBuild-GStreamer-SDK-BETA2-GPL.msi
> and after restarting the msys terminal was distressed to find:
>   pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10
> didn't work.    PKG_CONFIG_PATH was not set, and I can't find the *.pc files
> in the gstreamer sdk tree to set it to :(

It's still a BETA, and we are actually working on the installers to
configure properly .pc files according to the installation path.
For the moment I suggest you to use the 0.10.5 release. As you stated
in a previous mail, iconv.h is missing, but you can grab a copy from
here: http://code.google.com/p/ossbuild/source/browse/trunk#trunk/Shared/Build/Windows/Win32/include

Cheers,
Andoni