[gst-devel] Attaching iSight camera to a GStream

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Apr 12 14:16:22 CEST 2010

Sorry for the lack of information.  I have an iMac with Snow Leopard
installed.  I've managed to get gstreamer up and running and thought I'd do
the simplest task possible, display the output of the camera.  Thinking the
camera had to be in /dev, i looked for the device name and found nothing.  I
am unfamiliar with v4l2src so I had no idea it'd go find the stream - at
least that's what your pipeline suggests it's doing.  Once again the
gstreamer docs aren't ....ahhhh.... helpful.

So, it looks like your iSight is a USB device?  Is the built in camera also
USB?

No Mac here at work so I'll geive all this a try tonight.

Thanks,

Wes