[gst-devel] Playing AAC-LATM format.

Danilo Freire xharada at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 22:56:12 CEST 2010

Hello all,

Basically I'm trying to play a AAC audio stream that is encapsulated using
the MPEG-4 LATM-LOAS format.

I have one MPEG2 Transport stream, that contains one H264 stream and one
AAC-LATM stream. I can demux the H264 and made a patch to allow the demux of
the AAC-LATM stream type. However, the AAC decoder plugin (I'm using the
FAAD plugin), seems to not handle the LATM format correclty. The pipeline
freezes.

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=dumpHomemAranha.ts !
mpegtsdemux name=demux program-number=59224 ! queue  ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink demux. ! queue ! faad ! alsasink

I can dump the AAC content from the TS using almost the same pipeline

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=dumpHomemAranha.ts !
mpegtsdemux name=demux program-number=59224 ! queue  ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink demux. ! queue ! filesink
location=audioHomemAranha2.aac

The Mplayer can play the output file (audioHomeAranha2.aac) just fine, and
it uses the FAAD library.

and, if I just play the video content, it is fine:

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=dumpHomemAranha.ts !
mpegtsdemux name=demux program-number=59224 ! queue  ! h264parse !
ffdec_h264 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink

So, the problem is:

How to play one AAC-LATM stream using the FAAD plugin? :)

I'll wait any response here, before create a bug in the bugzilla :)

Thanks antecipated
[]s
--
Danilo Freire de S. Santos