[gst-devel] Audio waveform

Dave Mateer dave_mateer at ntm.org
Tue Apr 13 17:26:42 CEST 2010

I'm new to gstreamer, and hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I need to provide a waveform image of audio (voice recordings) in my application. I can see how to sample the "level" plugin to get a volume form (this, I think, is what Jokoshur is doing), but wasn't sure what plugin would provide the data to draw my own waveform that shows frequency, amplitude, etc. I have looked briefly at the following plugins, but there's just not enough information to know what they do for sure:

 - monoscope: unless the documentation is severely absent, there are no options to configure the output.
 - waveformsink: doesn't look like what I need, although perhaps it might play a part in a larger solution.
 - wavenc: again, perhaps this might be part of a solution?

Thanks for your help!