[gst-devel] OpenGL context: GTK X overlay v/s SDL v/s Clutter v/s Wx

Vincent Torri vtorri at univ-evry.fr
Tue Apr 20 10:06:39 CEST 2010

Hey,

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010, Alexandre Quessy wrote:

> 2010/4/19 Vincent Torri <vtorri at univ-evry.fr>:

>> You can also try Evas [1], which supports OpenGL, among other backends.
>> I've written a gstreamer sink for it.
>
> Hello Vincent,
> That might be interesting for my application, even though the toolkit
> I know best so far is GTK+.
> Have you got some example code for an OpenGL application in Evas?

Here it is:

http://pastebin.ca/1869233

Evas is a canvas. You add objects on it. The example above creates a
window with a canvas in it, and it add 2 rectangles, one white of size the
window, another yellow one.

OpenGL is used to accelerate the 2d rendering. It is not used here to (and
it can't) create 3d objects.

To use the software engine, change line line 14 by:

ee = ecore_evas_new ("software_xlib", 10, 10, 200, 200, NULL);

That example uses the low level API. There is another higher level API,
more closed to what a toolkit should provide.

Vincent Torri