[gst-devel] Audio noise filter ?

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 10:57:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 10:28 +0200, Nicolas Hennion wrote:
> Is there a plugin to filter the noise of an audio stream ? I want to
> encode a voice (from a microphone) without the noise environment.

  We don't have a native one in gstreamer. Maybe there is a ladspa
filter you could use through gst-ladspa.

  The problem with a one-pass filter though is that you have to guess
yourself what the proper settings are.

  If someone's up to it, a great filter to wrap (or rewrite?) into a
gstreamer element would be audacity's noise filter which comes in two
parts:
  * A noise profiler : you select a portion of audio which has almost
only noise (i.e. when someone isn't speaking for example)
  * The actual noise remover, which uses the settings from the noise
profiler.

   Edward