[gst-devel] three cameras merged to one display

Bert Douglas bertd at tplogic.com
Mon Aug 16 03:23:22 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am new to gstreamer, but not new to image processing.
I seek advice on the best way to merge video streams in gstreamer.

At least I am hoping for some indication that my goal is not doomed to
failure.

There are three cameras, with wide angle lenses, on a post, covering entire
360 degree field of view.
The goal is to combine video from three cameras, transform and project it so
that it shows in a single window as a unified picture.

The question is not how to do the image processing.  I can manage that.  The
question is how best to work with gstreamer.

The first obvious way (at least to me) is to write a new plugin that has
three sink-pads and one source-pad.
But I can't find any examples to follow.  And the docs on base transform
indicate that it can't handle this situation.

You experts probably know another way to do this.
Maybe there is already a plugin that can help with this, but I just don't
have enough imagination to see it.

Is it possible to connect multiple source-pads to a single sink-pad?

Thanks much for your patience with a newcomer.

--Bert Douglas