[gst-devel] Stream on iPad, iPhone, Android...

Andres Gonzalez acandido at hi-iberia.es
Tue Aug 24 13:56:17 CEST 2010

  On 24/08/10 12:58, ivan zoli wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I want to stream a video onto an iPhone
> or iPad or Nokia, Android etc...
> The sender is based on Linux and alrready
> uses GStreamer. I'm able to stream to
> a Win PC using GStreamer.
> I'd like to build a server to stream a video
> on a portable equipment like iPad etc...
> I tried without luck even to steram on QuickTime.
> I have a hadrware H264 compressor as well as
> an MP4 compressor.
Hello Ivan,
I was involved in a similar task (I started a thread a few days ago). We
were trying to stream *from* an Android to a computer. We found that MP4
did not fit our purpose, which was live-streaming. Have you tried RTP?
Maybe if you give more details about what you are trying and what did
not work, someone could give more suggestions and ideas.
Good luck,
Andrés