[gst-devel] Stream on iPad, iPhone, Android...

ivan zoli ivan_zoli at fastwebnet.it
Tue Aug 24 14:58:18 CEST 2010

Hello Andrés,

I'm using an embedded system with an ARM processor and a VPU on it
that can compress video in H264, MP4 and H263.

The system is a server that acquire the video and send it with a
pipeline like this:

#!/bin/sh
VPORT=5434
HOST=${1:-192.168.101.189}

echo $HOST

gst-launch video4lsrc ! \
  video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=200,framerate=\(fraction\)15/1 ! \
  myH264enc ! \
  video/x-h264,framerate=\(fraction\)15/1 ! \

  rtph264pay mtu=1438 ! \
  udpsink host=$HOST port=$VPORT

On the PC side I am able to receive the stream with the specular pipeline
and GStreamer. But I want to receive the stream without GStreamer, because
for example fo iPhone I don't have it. So I can receive the stream using VLC and
this file:

> cat client_video.sdp
v=0
o=- 1188340656180883 1 IN IP4 192.168.20.1
s=Session streamed by GStreamer
i=server.sh
t=0 0
a=tool:GStreamer