[gst-devel] Change Framerate of recorded stream

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Tue Aug 24 17:29:25 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have an mjpeg stream saved into a matroska container file that I want to
play (to a videosink or a filesink) with a reduced framerate.  The original
stream is 25 fps.  I want to change it to, say, 5 fps.  Essentially,

     filesrc ! matroskademux ! image/jpeg,framerate=(fraction)5/1 ! jpegdec
! ...

This pipeline doesn't  start, reports general stream error...not linked.

What is the correct form to do this?  I can do it with a have-data callback
that discards 80% of the frames, but there has to be a smarter way.

Is it also possible to fix the timestamps so that I can get either original
speed video (at 5 fps) or fast playback, i.e. after converting to 5 fps, set
the timestamps to play at 25 fps?

Many thanks,

Wes