[gst-devel] dynamically change video resolution

mingqian Han mq_han at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:19:45 CET 2010

Hi all,
    Currently I am working with TI Davinci processor, and I build a gstreamer pipeline for video streaming as follows:
    v4l2src->capsfilter->tee->queue->resizer->h264encoder->rtph264pay->udpsink
                                               ->queue->resizer->mjpegencoder->filesink
    It is just a brief outline, and it works ok.

    Now I want to change the resolution from D1->CIF on the fly, currently, I do the following:
    1. get the src pad of queue
    2. block the pad
    3. change the properties of resizer and the encoder.
    4. unblock the pad

    but after that, the pipeline stops working. I am new to gstreamer, and wonder if anyone could give me some suggestion.

regards,

Rafael