[gst-devel] deinterlace optimization in gst-plugins-good

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 21:47:18 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/12/3 孙绍兵 <bing_shine at hotmail.com>:
> Hi,
> For some reasons in my application based on deinterlace plugin from
> gst-plugins-good, i need to deinterlace format of YUV i420 planar. And I
> prefer to use GreedyH method to deinterlace. But I find that deinterlace
> method from latest plugins-good versions does not implement MMX/SSE
> optimization for greedyh i420 scanline. Therefore the performance is
> unacceptable.
> My question is as follows, i'm new to deinterlace, and i only want to get
> greedyh or tomsmosomp mmx/sse optimization for i420 planar format. can you
> give me some suggestion, or someone can commit optimization for
> greedyh/tomsmocomp planar scanline function.
> thanks:), sincerely yous,
> sean

I suggest you to give a look at the Oil Runtime Compiler (ORC) and the
benefits it brings to GStreamer wrt SIMD instructions:

http://code.entropywave.com/projects/orc/
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/GStreamerConference2010 (search for ORC)

you would get code not only optimised for SSE, but many of the most
common architectures in the wild.

Regards