[gst-devel] Problem with mulicast streaming .

shankar ganesh shankar.ganesh at ngintech.com
Sun Dec 5 08:37:17 CET 2010

Hello All,

I am using the Gstreamer.0.10 version in a

Intel_CE_2110_Media_Processor_Platform which uses the Gstreamer.0.10
libraries
When I try to do a uncast UDP stream the platform streams successfully, but
when I try to
do a multicast udp stream the below errors are thrown from the platform

Name: udpsrc0
Error quark - gst-resource-error-quark
Error code 13
could not get/set settings from resource

The ifconfig interface details in the platform is

eth0 - up broadcast running multicast

Below are the g_object-set calls.

G_object-set (G_object (inputsrc),"multicast-group","239.1.1.1",
mcastaddress, NULL);

G_object-set
(G_object(inputsrc),"multicast-interface","eth0",mcastaddress,NULL);

I could see the Platform could not set/get the properties associated with
gstream muticast.

I am trying to understand where the problem could be,any inputs in these
regards could be great help to me.

Thanks and regards,
shankar ganesh