[gst-devel] Problem with flacdec and ismd_audio_sink

Raymond Frost raymond.frst at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 10:35:09 CET 2010

Tim-Philipp Müller-2 wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-12-07 at 02:49 -0800, Raymond Frost wrote:
>
>> Im working on a intel CE4150 board with gstreamer
>> and i have issues of extremely low volume whenever i use flacdec along
>> with
>> ismd_audio_sink. Basically my setup is
>>
>> filesrc ! queue ! flacdec ! audioconvert ! ismd_audio_sink
>>
>> i have no issues when using other combinations such as (snip)
>
> So what format is being negotiated between flacdec and your sink? (pass
> -v to gst-launch)
>
> What if you use e.g.
>
>  ... ! flacdec ! audioconvert ! \
>        audio/x-raw-int,width=16,depth=16,channels=2 ! \
>        ismd_audio_sink
>
> for example (try other combinations too, maybe the same as are used with
> the other formats).
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

well,
i have been trying something similar before,
it goes something like the codes below,
*note that I'm using C

			audio_caps = gst_caps_new_simple("audio/x-raw-int",
			                                  "width",       G_TYPE_INT, 16,
			                                  "rate",        G_TYPE_INT, 48000,
			                                  "channels",    G_TYPE_INT, 2,
			                                  "endianness",  G_TYPE_INT, 1234,
			                                  "depth",       G_TYPE_INT, 24,
			                                  "signed",      G_TYPE_BOOLEAN, true,
			                                  NULL);
			g_assert(audio_caps);
			gst_pad_set_caps(audioconvert_src_pad, audio_caps);
			gst_caps_unref(audio_caps);

I run this before linking up the pipeline,
and so far i have tried numerous setting combinations,
so far i have no positive improvements yet.

so far only by replacing the audiosink to alsasink,
i can get good volume with the same setting on all the other part of the
pipeline.
i guess this part of setting could be the only connection to this problem.