[gst-devel] GST_FLOW_WRONG_STATE

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 01:05:43 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 12:53 -0800, Radivoje Jovanovic wrote:

> I have a video sink and ALSA driver to be used to play videos on the
> platform. If I play video or audio by them self everything works fine,
> but if I specify the whole pipeline for video and audio, the video
> decoder (in pipeline right before the sink) comes back with the
> message:
> "The decoded frame did not successfully push out to downstream
> element"
> The message comes because the gst_pad_push have returned with
> GST_FLOW_WRONG_STATE instead GST_FLOW_OK.
>
> Any idea why this might happen?

It usually helps if you post your exact pipeline and/or any code
snippets that go with it.

FLOW_WRONG_STATE is what you get when a pad is flushing, which may be
normal (happens during a flushing seek, to make the old streaming thread
stop) or because you forgot to set an element into PAUSED/PLAYING state
(e.g. because you added it from a pad-added or new-decoded-pad callback
or so).

The GST_DEBUG=*:5 log might give you more information (just grep for
wrong-state and read the lines before that).

Cheers
 -Tim