[gst-devel] Distortion when using directsoundsrc

Callewaert Sven S.Callewaert at TELEVIC.com
Thu Dec 9 09:41:41 CET 2010

On my Vista computer I hear some distortions on the audio that is captured from my microphone. The distortion is a periodical noisy crack. Playing around with the buffer-time parameter changes the number of cracks, but it doesn't seem possible to make them go away. I use the ossbuild of gstreamer version 0.10.7. On my Windows 7 computer there is no problem. This is the pipeline:

gst-launch directsoundsrc ! directsoundsink

Is there any way to get rid of the distortion?