[gst-devel] Distortion when using directsoundsrc

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 18:03:44 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Callewaert Sven
<S.Callewaert at televic.com> wrote:
> On my Vista computer I hear some distortions on the audio that is captured
> from my microphone. The distortion is a periodical noisy crack. Playing
> around with the buffer-time parameter changes the number of cracks, but it
> doesn’t seem possible to make them go away. I use the ossbuild of gstreamer
> version 0.10.7. On my Windows 7 computer there is no problem. This is the
> pipeline:
>

> gst-launch directsoundsrc ! directsoundsink
>

> Is there any way to get rid of the distortion?

I've never used GStreamer under Microsoft stuff, btw maybe I could get
more help by attaching here the log you get with, let's say,
GST_DEBUG=3 (no copy-paste in the email please).

Does it get better if you add a queue element bw the source and the sink?

Regards