[gst-devel] Reducing the time in GST-registry updating and parsing the command line arguments

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Dec 10 23:22:06 CET 2010

Am 09.12.2010 14:54, schrieb tamil arasu:
> Hi All,
>
>             We are using the DM365 target board. I wrote one Audio streaming
> application.I have attached that source code.This application takes three second
> to execute.Its taking two second to execute gst_init(&argc,&argv)  API ,We used
> the Libraries mentioned below
>
> gst-plugins-good-0.10.14, gst-plugins-base-0.10.23,
> gstreamer-0.10.23,gst-plugins-bad-0.10.13, liboil ,libxml , libiconv

You don't need libxml2 (and especialy not libxml) for gstreamer.

> Is it possible to get executed in one second.

If its still taking that long even with export GST_REGISTRY_UPDATE=no you need
to profile what takes most of the time in gst_init(). Try to have a new glib, as
a while ago (~ half year) many gobject performance improvements where released.

You can probably speed up the time a bit, but removing plugins you won't need.

Stefan