[gst-devel] GnlComposition Signals

Timothy Braun braunsquared at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:33:07 CET 2010

Hey Everyone,
  So I have a gnlcomposition which, for the matter of depicting the
situation, has 5 sources.  3 sources play for 30 seconds followed by the
remaining 2 sources for another 30 seconds.  This should produce a 1 minute
video.  The composition has a videomixer in a gnloperation to mix the
sources for final output.

  I'm running into a situation where the pipeline gets stuck during the
transition from 3 sources to 2 sources.  It seems the video mixer is trying
to send a seek event to all it's sink pads, which fails on the pad which
no-longer has a source.  During my tests, the gnlcomposition will happily
create new pads, ie. changing the order so it's 2 sources followed by 3
sources works fine.  But the opposite doesn't seem to be true, the
gnlcomposition doesn't remove unused pads to it's operations.

  This brings me to the question of, is there a signal I'm not handling
appropriately?  If so, any pointers on which one I should be listening for?

  Thanks,
  Tim