[gst-devel] pcapparse seems to work, the output from pcapparse to rtpmp4gdepay has a problem

shiva varma shiva.varma at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 02:24:50 CET 2010

Hi All.
  Would greatly appreciate any help regarding the problem I have been facing
wirh rtpmp4gdepay

I have a pcap file, which contains AAC-LD stream, with the following
properties
Bitrate: 64 kbps/channel
RTP Payload: IETF RFC 3640, AAC-hbr mode
Default Dynamic Payload Number: 96

When I pipe the pcap file to a filesink using pcapparse I can see that the
file has some size indicating the rtp stream was written to it, following is
the pipeline

gst-launch  filesrc location=audioCaptureFiltered.pcap ! pcapparse
src-ip=10.22.156.148 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=96, media=audio,
clock-rate=64000, encoding-name=MPEG4-GENERIC, mode=AAC-hbr,
streamtype=(string)4" !  filesink location=abc.out

However if I add rtpmp4gdepay to the pcapparse output, I observe that the
size of the file is zero....
I do not get any errors, even when I set gst-debug-level to 5..

Here is the command output

gst-launch  filesrc location=audioCaptureFiltered.pcap ! pcapparse
src-ip=10.22.156.148 src-port=16464 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=96,
media=audio, clock-rate=64000, encoding-name=MPEG4-GENERIC, mode=AAC-hbr,
streamtype=(string)4" !  rtpmp4gdepay ! filesink location=abc.out
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
Got EOS from element "pipeline0".
Execution ended after 151000 ns.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Is there something I am missing, please let me know

Thanks
Shiva