[gst-devel] pcapparse seems to work, the output from pcapparse to rtpmp4gdepay has a problem

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:31:18 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:24 AM, shiva varma <shiva.varma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All.
>  Would greatly appreciate any help regarding the problem I have been facing
> wirh rtpmp4gdepay
>
> I have a pcap file, which contains AAC-LD stream, with the following
> properties
> Bitrate: 64 kbps/channel
> RTP Payload: IETF RFC 3640, AAC-hbr mode
> Default Dynamic Payload Number: 96
>
> When I pipe the pcap file to a filesink using pcapparse I can see that the
> file has some size indicating the rtp stream was written to it, following is
> the pipeline
>
> gst-launch  filesrc location=audioCaptureFiltered.pcap ! pcapparse
> src-ip=10.22.156.148 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=96, media=audio,
> clock-rate=64000, encoding-name=MPEG4-GENERIC, mode=AAC-hbr,
> streamtype=(string)4" !  filesink location=abc.out
>
> However if I add rtpmp4gdepay to the pcapparse output, I observe that the
> size of the file is zero....

You probably need to set the proper src-port as well in the pcapparse element.

> I do not get any errors, even when I set gst-debug-level to 5..

Probably all of the packets are filtered away, so it's not, strictly
speaking, an error.

> Here is the command output
>
> gst-launch  filesrc location=audioCaptureFiltered.pcap ! pcapparse
> src-ip=10.22.156.148 src-port=16464 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=96,
> media=audio, clock-rate=64000, encoding-name=MPEG4-GENERIC, mode=AAC-hbr,
> streamtype=(string)4" !  rtpmp4gdepay ! filesink location=abc.out

strange, here you've set the port and still doesn't it work? I note
that in my tests I don't set the src-ip, maybe I got your same issue..

Regards