[gst-devel] Extracting properties from element causes hang

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Thu Dec 30 17:23:41 CET 2010

Elsewhere I have posted to this forum a routine based on gst-inspect that
queries the various properties and ancestry of a declared  element.

I have used this routine today to extract information about a gstrtpbin
element is a running pipeline (the inspection point is in the on_pad_added(0
callback).  The program hangs as the third property is queried (latency).

I have read other code that discusses the lock on elements and wonder if I
am stuck behind some mutex or if there is some other reason a running
element would block a g_object_get_property() (I think that what's
blocking)?

And, of course, any suggestions for a method to make this work?

Warmly,

Wes