[gst-devel] How to find the stream meta-data using Gstreamer ?

gst_call_me_newbie() 21stninjagod at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 18:18:45 CET 2010

I am using souphttpsrc as my source. I want to get the stream meta-data like
Codec(what are the audio/video codecs present in the stream), type
(audio/video stream) etc.

I checked that using playbin/playbin2 I can find the properties.
LINK:
http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin.html
http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin.html

but the problem is I have to transcode the incoming stream from a http URL
to another format.
So I don't think playbin2 is of any use for me. (CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG
HERE)

whatever may be the way, I just want to transcode incoming stream for which
I should know the incoming stream format.
So how would I get the stream meta data from "souphttpsrc"
or should I go for playbin2 but then I am doubtful if I would be able to
transcode stream using it.

Thanks
Mark