[gst-devel] Timestamps supported in Videomixer ??

Hardeep Singh hardy_hardeep at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 4 19:38:24 CET 2010

Hi,

I am using the video-mixer plugin to create a montage from multiple videos. I use the scheme as described here.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/575705/how-can-i-tile-videos-create-a-video-montage/2010216

The videos that I am adding, are of different length. Does the videomixer support handling timestamps in the video and synchronizing the videos in montage. For example if video 1 is from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm and video2 is from 1:30 PM to 2:30 pm, then the montage video is of length 1.5 hours, such that the video1 shows as a black or empty section from on the last hour of the video (and video 2 shows empty section in the first hour of the video)

If video mixer doesn't support this, then any ideas on accomplishing this would be appreciated too, for example extending the videomixer plugin or using another plugin etc. I am a beginner with gstreamer, so i guess it will take some effort to get this going. I can put in a few days programming work.

Thanks
Hardeep Singh