[gst-devel] metadata and multifilesink problem

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sat Feb 6 22:53:09 CET 2010

Am 05.02.2010 16:47, schrieb Kaj-Michael Lang:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to basically do (in C) a pipeline like this:
> v4l2src ! jpegenc ! metadatamux ! multifilesink
>
> with an event handler for the jpegenc "frame-encoded" signal setting
> tags for the frame. But tags get saved in the first jpg saved by
> multifilesink only.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in metadatamux, multifilesink
> or can't it just be done? Any ideas on a workaround? I've tried with
> both a GstTagSetter and sending a tag event.

probably a bug in the metadatamux. I am currently work on replacemanets for
metadata plugin. gst-plugin-bad has a new element jifmux (jpeg interchange
format muxer). The version in git writes GST_TAG_COMMENT to the jpeg comment
field. Can you try that element instead of metadatamux to see if it suffers from
the same problem?

Stefan