[gst-devel] render-delay base sink property for lip-sync?

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:59:26 CET 2010

By reading the code for an unrelated problem I accidentely came across
the 'render-delay' property in GstBaseSink. Looks to me that this
could be useful for lip-sync issues, as the audio could be delayed to
match video processing (HDMI) and vice-versa (BT A2DP audio out). Two
questions:
- Has anyone has ever used it in a real app? Any pointers would be
appreciated, couldn't find much info with google
- This property looks static/predefined. Somehow it'd need to be
defined by the time delta on the audio and display sides, using
information such as EDID, which can vary depending on the outputs. Has
anyone looked into this?
Thanks
- Pierre