[gst-devel] How to set window height & width using Playbin

debojyoti.pal at wipro.com debojyoti.pal at wipro.com
Wed Jan 20 15:51:32 CET 2010

Hi,

Here are the descriptions of two problem I am facing:

Problem 1 - I am writing an application in which video played using
Gstreamer will be rendered in a window embedded in another window. So I
created an QT application and then created the embedded Window, created
a Playbin pipeline, and pass the window handle using
gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id() API.

It plays the video, but there is one small problem, when each video
starts, just playing the first frame it stretches out to take the size
of whole embedded window. The reason may be that I am not passing the
window height & width to the Playbin. Could you please tell me how to
pass the window height & width to the pipeline?

Problem 2 - I am playing MP3 files using Playbin in my application, when
I increase the volume of the audio using g_object_set(), I can hear some
noise in the sound. Is there any particular decoder I need to install? I
installed the following plugins:
*	gst-plugins-base-0.10.22-3.6
*	gst-plugins-good-0.10.14-2.4
*	gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.11