[gst-devel] How to set window height & width using Playbin

Giles Atkinson Giles.Atkinson at eu.citrix.com
Wed Jan 20 16:03:06 CET 2010

Debojyoti,

> It plays the video, but there is one small problem, when each video starts, just playing the first frame it stretches out to take the size of whole embedded window. The reason may be that I am not passing the window height & width to the Playbin. Could you please tell me how to pass the window height & width to the pipeline?

This is the expected behaviour: playbin puts a rescaler into the video pipeline so that the output fills the window it is offered.  That usually works well, but if you want to always show the video at its native size, I think there are two options:

1) Let playbin create its own output window, which should be native size, then reparent it into your application.

2) Reach inside playbin to query the capabilities at the output of the video decoder and set the output window to that size.

Giles