[gst-devel] new segment for av pipeline

S Boucher stbya at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 21:56:23 CET 2010

Question: do I need to send a new segment through both chains of a pipeline, or just through the audio chain? (I'm sending a new segment to indicate a change in time).

DETAILS: I have, inside of a single pipeline, an audio chain and a video chain.

The video chain ends with a "fakesink" with fakesink having "sync" to TRUE, so the "handoff" of buffers should sync on the pipeline's clock.

The audio chain ends with "autoaudiosink".  So, the pipeline's clock is the clock provided by the audio sink.