[gst-devel] Capturing audio on Windows?

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:43:45 CET 2010

2010/1/27 Julien Isorce <julien.isorce at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Where did you get gstreamer for windows ?
> (http://www.gstreamer-winbuild.ylatuya.es/doku.php)
> gstreamer version?

Thanks for your answer. I am using the WinBuilds GPL package.

> Anyway, try to set device-name (got the name from graphedit ....)

GraphEdit shows the name: "Microfoon (Cirrus Logic CS4206A" (without
the closing parenthesis). It is probably the correct name because if I
use another name I get a "device not found" error.

I suspect that there is something wrong with the DirectShow plugins
because I am also unable to produce my webcam using the dshowvideosrc
element, while ksvideosrc works fine.

Here are some details:

The dshowaudiosrc produces the "can't create dshow fakesink" error:
D:\gst-launch-0.10 dshowaudiosrc device-name="Microfoon (Cirrus Logic
CS4206A" ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
0:00:00.152000000  3744   00538F40 ERROR          dshowaudiosrc
gstdshowaudiosrc.c:636:gst_dshowaudiosrc_open: Can't create an
instance of the directshow fakesink (error=-2147221164)
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

The dshowvideosrc produces a similar error message:
D:\gst-launch-0.10 dshowvideosrc device-name="Built-in iSight" !
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
0:00:00.487000000  1304   00558F10 ERROR          dshowvideosrc
gstdshowvideosrc.c:698:gst_dshowvideosrc_start: Can't create an
instance of our dshow fakesink filter (error=-2147221164)
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

The ksvideosrc, using the same device-name, works fine:
D:\gst-launch-0.10 ksvideosrc device-name="Built-in iSight" !
ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

Am I the only one experiencing this error?

Grts,
Francis