[gst-devel] H.264 streaming: choppy video + timestamp warnings

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:35:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 14:46 -0400, Parisot, Adam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to develop a GStreamer-based application to receive and
> display H.264 video from a network source.  The protocol is not
> particularly important.  I've tried raw UDP with MPEG-TS encapsulation
> as well as RTP with no encapsulation and I'm seeing the same performance
> issue in both cases.

  I wouldn't try to use mpeg-ts because of mpegtsdemux's poor/wrong
support for timestamping when working with live stream (which is why
you're getting all those sync issues).

  H264 over rtp (and not h264-in-mpegts-over-rtp) should work correctly
though. You'll have to figure out how to configure vlc to broadcast in
regular rtp though.

   Edward