[gst-devel] Pausing a live feed...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue Jul 20 22:08:23 CEST 2010

Hello,

   So I'm building a program that I would love it if I could pause a
live feed. I'm new to gstreamer but am enjoying it so far. So here's
what I'm thinking...

   I have a video source that may or may not be a live feed, when it is
a live feed it will be displayed onscreen and saved to a file. Is it
possible to set it up with a large enough buffer that it can be paused?
I've looked at the queue, buffer and multiqueue objects, however it
hasn't become obvious if this is possible or even how to override their
default buffer sizes etc.

   Any pointers, or additional docs on the subject would be much
appreciated.

--
Nathanael d. Noblet