[gst-devel] Is gstreamer the right framework for the following?

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Tue Jul 20 22:40:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to do some effect processing that works on signals from multiple
sound cards as well as Midi (from the same sound source, a midified
acoustic instrument).

Phase 1 is likely non-realtime, just recording the streams and
processing them offline.

Phase 2 requires processing with reasonable little latency.

Is gstreamer helpful for that kind of thing, or should I just use
low-level ALSA programming, possibly in connection with aio for the
recording stuff?

Platform is Ubuntu.

Thanks

--