[gst-devel] Using gstreamer to transmit H264 file over RTP

Farah farahakhtar_24c at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 03:30:35 CEST 2010

One correction: I rechecked. My stream does have SPS/PPS information
necessary for the h264 baseline profile.

No, this is no longer required. If you order the rtp payloader to
remultiplex the config data in the stream; you are fine
(config-interval). IIRC, the version of the good plugins mentioned above
has a bug that basically makes the config-interval inert. You should
have the latest release for this (tested and verified, 0.10.23).

>> I do have the latest release (0.10.23-4) and I add config-interval=1.
>> Still, it makes no difference. I also add h264parse between the
>> rtph264depay and filesink. Do I have to add those patches you mention
>> below? You see, I already passing the caps from sender to receiver.
>> Shouldnt that solve the problem?

If only I knew why h264parse doesnt give a 'codec-data' field in caps using
this file while it does give them when I encode a raw yuv file using
x264enc.