[gst-devel] Using gstreamer to transmit H264 file over RTP

Farah farahakhtar_24c at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 12 10:22:27 CEST 2010

Ok, there are things in my previous posts that are misleading so I thought
to correct them.

I checked my h264 file and it seemed the encoder configuration that I had
used did add SPS/PPS information but only the one required for h264 baseline
profile. This one had only one IDR picture and SPS information was sent for
IDR picture only. Now, I tried several other encoder configurations with
different frequency of SPS/PPS information. I tried a file that resends PPS
for every coded Frame/Field pair. This has resulted in better looking video
with no noise artifacts on the picture. However, it still loses last several
packets but ONLY AT THE END of the file. The last second or so of the file
doesnt play.

I am also using another machine with all the same software but it is a
slower machine. There, loss is less and almost the whole file gets
transmitted especially if I use config-interval=1 (the smallest value).
However, the last several bytes are still not stored. May be, this has
something to do with how frequently the SPS/PPS info gets multiplexed in the
stream. I still have to end the receiver pipeline with an interrupt.

I hope you have something to say about this.