[gst-devel] v4l2src and RTSP streaming

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Fri Jun 18 07:45:24 CEST 2010

2010/6/18 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>

> That's true, but it only supports a set of width/height combinations,
> so you will need a videoscale element before the encoder. Do
> 'gst-inspect ffenc_h263' to check the accepted combinations.
>
> Cheers,
> Andoni

First of all, thanks Anthony for your quick answer :)

When I run gst-inspect-0.10 ffenc_h263 I get the following (summarized):

$ gst-inspect-0.10 ffenc_h263

Pad Templates:
  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/x-raw-rgb
      video/x-raw-yuv
      video/x-raw-gray
  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      video/x-h263
                  width: 352
                 height: 288
              framerate: [ 0/1, 2147483647/1 ]
                variant: itu
            h263version: h263
      video/x-h263
...... (and so on).

I tried with ffenc_h263p and, surprisingly, it worked! But with h263p
encoder I get another problem: when I play the RTSP with Gstreamer or VLC y
get a codec error message.

I was successful using theora codec, and I will try with another codecs like
x264 or MPEG.

Can anybody give me a pipeline definition that connects a v4l2src with
ffenc_h263 in some way (I know, using ffcolorspace, videoscale or another
elements...). I tried to read some documentation bout de ffenc_h263, but the
only one I can found was the gst-inspect output... :(