[gst-devel] v4l2src and RTSP streaming

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 11:07:06 CEST 2010

El día 18 de junio de 2010 07:45, José Luis Segura Lucas
<josel.segura at gmx.es> escribió:
> 2010/6/18 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>
>>
>> That's true, but it only supports a set of width/height combinations,
>> so you will need a videoscale element before the encoder. Do
>> 'gst-inspect ffenc_h263' to check the accepted combinations.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andoni
>
> First of all, thanks Anthony for your quick answer :)
> When I run gst-inspect-0.10 ffenc_h263 I get the following (summarized):
> $ gst-inspect-0.10 ffenc_h263
> Pad Templates:
>   SINK template: 'sink'
>     Availability: Always
>     Capabilities:
>       video/x-raw-rgb
>       video/x-raw-yuv
>       video/x-raw-gray
>   SRC template: 'src'
>     Availability: Always
>     Capabilities:
>       video/x-h263
>                   width: 352
>                  height: 288

As you see (and as I told you in the first reply) width and height are
not a range and you need a videoscale before the encoder. Your
pipeline should look like:
$ gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! videoscale ! ffenc_h263 !
fakesink

Andoni