[gst-devel] v4l2src and RTSP streaming

José Luis Segura Lucas josel.segura at gmx.es
Fri Jun 18 19:37:30 CEST 2010

2010/6/18 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>

> As you see (and as I told you in the first reply) width and height are
> not a range and you need a videoscale before the encoder. Your
> pipeline should look like:
> $ gst-launch-0.10 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! ffmpegcolorspace !
> video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! videoscale ! ffenc_h263 !
> fakesink

No, I can't see... gst-inspect says that, as src element, it accepts
x/video-raw (no size specified). As a src to other elements I see that it
only support several sizes.

I think that the documentation of this element is "bad" in this aspect, but
it's only my opinion :P I'm a complete dummy with gstreamer :D

I tried, as you suggested, using videoscale, and it worked perfectly for me.
I was able to use several different formats for the stream (mpeg4, theora,
h263...).

Thanks for all!!