[gst-devel] Selecting Audio and Video Streams from gnlfilesource

Sandeep Prakash 123sandy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 10:57:42 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I am writing a Simple Non Linear editing application using GNonLin gstreamer
plugins and
I have a query on the gnlfilesource/gnlcomposition:

I have an mp4 file which has both audio and video (Say MPEG-4 Video and AAC
Audio) and
I need to extract only the audio stream from it for further processing (Say
for adding 2 audio
streams together). How do I achieve this using gnlfilesource. I have tried
setting the gnlfilesource
location property to the mp4 file but the pad-added signal is emitted always
for the video stream
present in the stream. I have also tried setting the caps of gnlcomposition
to audio/x-raw-int
as follows
comp = gst_element_factory_make("gnlcomposition", "mycomposition");
audio1 = gst_element_factory_make("gnlfilesource", "audio1");
gst_bin_add (GST_BIN (comp), audio1);
g_object_set (comp, "caps", gst_caps_from_string ("audio/x-raw-int"), NULL);

In this case the pipeline is hanging.

Plz help me out with alternatives and options.

Thanks in advance
Sandeep