[gst-devel] Error while loading plugin using gstinspect

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 10:15:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 10:34 +0530, Manikanta wrote:

> I created one plugin using boilerplate code and copied plugin in
> gstreamer plugin path.
>
> But while loading using gst-inspect isomp3dec  I am facing following
> errors.
>
> Initializing GStreamer Core Library version 0.10.24

Not exactly the newest version...

> plugin "/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstladspa.so" failed to initialise

IIRC there was a bug in the ladspa plugin that would return FALSE from
plugin_init if it didn't find any ladspa plugins to wrap. This was fixed
in gst-plugins-bad 0.10.18 (current release: 0.10.19).

As a work-around, you can either upgrade core (so that the plugin gets
blacklisted, and things continue to work), or upgrade gst-plugins-bad,
or remove the ladspa plugin (or chmod it to non-readable or something).

Cheers
 -Tim