[gst-devel] Playbin2's signals and properties listed in the documentation.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 09:54:53 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 00:26 -0800, wl2776 wrote:

> The playbin2 documentation
> (http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-plugins/html/gst-plugins-base-plugins-playbin2.html)
> says in the section "Specifying which CD/DVD device to use" the following:
> "...The only way to do this at the moment is to connect to playbin's
> "notify::source" signal..."
>
> However, the signal "notify::source" is not listed in the playbin2's
> signals, mentioned in that page.
> Is it a typo?
> Or, is this signal inherited somehow?
> If yes, then, how can I find the full list of signals and properties
> playbin2 has?

This is a GObject feature:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gobject/stable/gobject-The-Base-Object-Type.html#GObject-notify

All GObjects emit / are supposed to emit a "notify" signal when one of
their properties changes. The property that changed will be used as the
signal 'detail', ie. the bit after '::', so in order to just catch when
the "source" property changes you would conect to the 'notify::source'
signal instead of the 'notify' signal.

Cheers
 -Tim