[gst-devel] Confidence Monitoring Using Appsink

Kristofor Amundson kta719 at mail.usask.ca
Mon Mar 1 22:11:59 CET 2010

Hi all,

I am working on a project that using GStreamer to capture from various
sources and save them to files to later be processed. Right now I am
interested in developing a way of confidence monitoring for these pipelines,
so while the video/audio is being captured people will be able to observe
certain features that will assure them a capture is properly happening. For
example, to monitor a video being captured I will like to push an image from
the video every 30 seconds from the pipeline to the web. And for audio,
monitoring volume of input or something similar would be useful I think.
Right now I am thinking of using the appsink element to accomplish this. Are
there any suggestions or advice that people can offer to help me get started
with this?

Thank you.

Kristofor